How Long Does Alcohol Stay In Your System?
March 02, 2021
How Long Does Alcohol Stay in Your System?
What Determines How Long Alcohol Stays in Your System?
The long and more accurate answer is that it truly depends on a variety of interrelations. Here are some of the many factors that must be taken into consideration when determining how long alcohol stays in your system as a unique individual:
- Gender: Males have higher naturally-occurring levels of ADH than females. This results in females having a higher Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) than males even after consuming the same amount of drinks.
- Age: As you grow older, the body’s ability to metabolize alcohol declines. This means, in general, that as a 50 year old, the body cannot process alcohol as quickly and efficiently as it did as a 30 year old.
- Type and strength of the alcohol: As mentioned above, the “one drink per hour,” rule is based on what is considered a “standard drink.” In the United States, one standard drink contains about 14 grams of pure alcohol. This is 12 ounces of regular beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1.5 ounces of distilled spirits (shot).
- Empty or full stomach: An empty stomach results in more rapid absorption of alcohol. Consuming alcohol after a meal or while eating a meal can slow the body’s rate of absorption.
- Interaction with any medications: Many medications have ingredients that can react negatively when mixed with alcohol. Other medications may cause drowsiness or lightheadedness and can be very dangerous when consumed with alcohol. Drinking while taking any form of medication is discouraged for these reasons.
Tests to See How Long Alcohol Stays in Your System
- Blood Test: Up to 12 hours after consumption
- Urine Test: Up 3 to 5 days via the ethyl glucuronide (EtG) test or 10 to 12 hours via the traditional method after consumption
- Hair Test: Up to 90 days after consumption
Can Recovery Capsules Speed Up Alcohol Processing?
- Replenish lost vitamins
- Restore minerals and amino acids
- Promote healthy liver function
Wake up feeling more refreshed rather than experiencing that next-day-drag. Discover more about how Flyby Recovery Capsules support your system and have some on hand for your next night out!